Friday, April 6, 2012

Green Eggs and Ham With a Side of Bacon and Pancakes

I posted a bit ago about eggs & bacon.  Today I'm sharing my inspiration to make green eggs and ham with a side of bacon and pancakes with a Funfetti glaze.  Mmmm.  Don't worry, it's not a very big serving, so it shouldn't be too high in calories.  We can always believe that, can't we?  I do. 

I followed the same process of melting the chocolate and adding green food gel.  I had gone looking for Starburst candy that would be green, but no such luck.  I ended up with Chewy Jolly Rancher candy.



Here I tried to make ham slices with the Chewy Jolly Rancher candy.  I kept 1 slice of bacon to show that these were still eggs.  I'm not crazy about the green color from the Jolly Rancher candy.  It needed something more.




I had Mini Nilla Wafers and I had some Funfetti Cake Batter Dip.  Recipes can be found here and also here.  If you decide to make the dip, it is important to let it chill in the fridge for at least an hour.  Believe me, it will affect the taste if you don't. So here's green egg and ham with a side of bacon and pancakes with Funfetti glaze.  I guess 2 green M&M's would have made it eggs.  I may have to try the ham thing again, if I can find a better solution than the Chewy Jolly Ranchers.  Don't let that stop you from trying though.  And if you find a better "ham", let me know!


No comments:

Post a Comment