Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Couponing and Pinterest - My Recent Inspirations

I recently started couponing again. For many years, off and on, I couponed using the only system I knew about, the coupon box. Then I had read about the method of filing the coupon inserts by date here. I still use this site for matching coupons to sales because it's free. Within the past couple of months to a year, I saw friends of mine posting on Facebook about their coupon binder/notebook. It piqued my interest. What is this binder/notebook method all about? So I Googled it. And then another friend told me about this. That week I bought my supplies and started my binders. And I started saving even more than before. So now meal planning changes from just planning meals out, which honestly I didn't do as often as I probably should have, to planning around my savings. What to do about all the pasta I have stocked up on at amazing savings without relying on red spaghetti sauce all the time? I'll get to that in a bit. First, here are some pictures of my coupon binder. I'm still fine tuning my system.






I also saw friends posting on Facebook stuff from Pinterest. What is this Pinterest thing? Of course, I had to check it out because I was seeing pictures of food and I wanted those recipes! So I checked it out. I was going to get those recipes somehow. I don't know how I did it, but I set up an account or became a member without an invitation - at least I don't know if a friend sent me an invitation on Facebook because I don't pay attention to those things anymore (I only have so much time in the day), so if you sent me an invitation to Pinterest, my appologies for going around your invite. A friend said to be careful, because Pinterest could consume my time. Wow. She wasn't kidding. But, I'm putting it to good use. Pinterest has become my digital cookbook where I find tried and true recipes, to use my coupon savings, to feed my family with. Plus, all those recipes I found on the internet and printed up, but seem to be floating around the house? I can pin those to my digital cookbook boards and not lose a recipe and cut down on the papers floating around the house! That's a win-win situation for me! A project I'm going start very soon, little by little each day.


So there you have it. Couponing and Pinterest are going to be working hand-in-hand for me.


Last night I made chicken curry, basmati rice and a recipe I found through Pinterest for Naan bread! Which also brings me to feeding little one. She likes all of it!









1 comment: