Monday, March 19, 2012

Bruschetta Italian Chicken

Have you ever had Italian Chicken before?  We had had it years ago.  I bought Bruchetta Italian dressing on sale and with a coupon a few weeks ago.  My most recent shopping trip included chicken breast, carrots , potatoesn onions and green squash.  So we tried a variation on the old standby.


The ingredients:


Wash and chop the veggies and add to the crockpot.




Add desired amount of baby carrots.  I added about 3/4 of the bag.



Add the chicken and full bottle of dressing.  You can add salt and pepper at this point if you haven't already.  I didn't add salt or pepper because there was enough sodium in the dressing and baby was going to share this with us.



Cook on low for 6 - 8 hours or on high for 4 - 5 hours.





I have to admit that I love a one-pot meal, especially on a busy night.  Baby enjoyed dinner too.  We didn't find much of her food in her highchair or on the floor, in fact, she ate ALL of her carrots!

No comments:

Post a Comment