Monday, April 23, 2012

Cilantro Lime Butter

Have you ever had a compound butter?  Chances are, if you have ever gotten a steak at a restaurant in the past two or three years, you probably have.  I tried making my first compound butter when I got my Julia Child cookbook.  I served it on grilled steak and fell in love. 

It had been a while since we had grilled steak or even compound butter.  I decided to make some since we had good enough weather to get in a chance to grill some steaks for dinner, over the weekend.  Here's what I did.



Cilantro Lime Butter


Ingredients

1/4 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
Approximately 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
Approximately 1/4 tsp. lime zest
juice of 1/2 lime
salt, to taste

Directions

Mix ingredients well and then refrigerate for at least 20 minutes.  Serve over grilled steak.  Could even work over vegetables.  Maybe even grilled chicken or fish.

I'm going to try it over green beans soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment