Saturday, April 21, 2012

An Edible Spoon?

I saw this on Google + this morning.  An edible spoon.  I think it's an interesting concept, for sure.  It could replace plastic disposable spoons.  But it makes me wonder, what about the people who are allergic to corn or wheat or milk?  I know that corn is in paper products.  I don't know if it is in plastic silverware.  Maybe the people with these allergies just will use other alternatives, like packing actual silverware for an outing.

This spoon is suppose to be 100% edible and 100% biodegradable.  It has scored marks to make it easier to eat after using and to facilitate decomposing.  It comes in three flavors, sweet, spicy and plain.  So, you can use the spoon to flavor your food too.

It looks like it is making its way to the marketplace now in Austria.  What about you?  If this made it to your area, would you buy it?  What do you think of the concept?

No comments:

Post a Comment