Sunday, May 2, 2010

Neeley's Cookies and Cream Cake






I made the Neeley's Cookies and Cream Cake the other day for the most recent birthday and it was really good! It was so good, that it lasted the night of the birthday and one more day. It is now gone! I served it with a bit of cookies and cream ice cream on the side. Empty plates! Worth making again! I think it was the first birthday cake I've made from scratch. I've always used the convenience of the cake mixes or the bakery. It was easy to make. After icing the bottom layer, it looked a bit like an Oreo!



I decided to pour the icing over the top of the cake. I had several people talking to me while I was counting the cups of powdered sugar, so I was either right on or just under. The icing turned out to be pourable. I need some practice on writing freehand on cakes though.






I need to make those Oreo truffles again. I thought I took some pictures, but haven't been able to find them.






I've done some cookies and cream brownies recently too that I'll have to make again.

2 comments:

  1. I'm surprised the cake made it past the first night!!! I LOVE dessert for the next morning though...eggs- dairy- carbs...what more can you ask for!? Who is wearing the apron in the background?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's Clarissa, not wearing an apron, but a gray T-shirt and light denim shorts! We were being careful to not be gluttons! We didn't finish it at breakfast, the kids would have a heyday with that! We finished after dinner!

    ReplyDelete