Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Mexican/Indian Night




I was on a hunt for a really good rice pudding recipe. I started to look through one of my older cookbooks, one that's as old as me and was my mom's, and found a recipe that I might try soon. Across the page from it was a recipe for Baked Indian Pudding. Hmm...it looked interesting and you know I just had to try it! It is made of cornmeal, milk, butter, light-brown sugar, dark molasses, salt, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and light cream. It smelled good baking. Steve thought it tasted like ginger snap cookies. I thought that was a pretty good description. All but one of the kids tried it (she didn't get to try because she didn't finish her dinner) and liked it, even said it was blog worthy!


Since I was making Baked Indian Pudding for dessert, I had to have something close to complimentary for dinner. I decided on Taco Casserole. That was a hit with four out of the five kids too! After they finished, I informed them that they had enjoyed mild taco sauce and diced green chilies! What a mean mom, sneaking spicy food into them! They said it deserved a spot on our favorite meals board!


I like a night that ends with happy tummies - at least a majority!

2 comments:

  1. These both sound yummy. Can you post the recipe in a comment for the Indian pudding one? I can eat cornmeal!

    Bets

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny Bets! thats exactly what I first thought too! cornmeal- gluten free! Tell us more about the fave meal board...Kristi- I hope your kids appreciate all this crazy stuff you do for them!

    ReplyDelete